HOW TO NARRATE A STORYCHOOSE ONE of these unsettling situations, brainstorm all the ideas you need and write a story about it.
ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
a. WHEN and WHERE does the story take place?
b. WHO was involved in the incident?
c. ANY MORE PEOPLE involved in the incident?
d. WHAT was the incident?
e. HOW did the people react to it?
f. HOW did the story end?
REMEMBER to use CONNECTORS of SEQUENCE (in the beginning, next, then, after that, eventually..).
BEFORE YOU WRITE YOUR FINAL VERSION, CHECK THIS:
- Does the story answer all the questions?
- Has it got all the necessary information?
- Is it easy to understand?
- Is it well organised? Does each paragraph contain the necessary information in a sensible order?
- Is the grammar correct? Have you used different and correct verb tenses?
- Have you used different words? Have you included a variety of adjectives, synonyms...?
- Have you used punctuation and capital letters?